How To Find Your Purpose
We are all tasked to discover our purpose. Use your inspiration to create; creating is giving, and giving is your purpose.
Get those creative engines fired up, get INSPIRED! Do you want to change your life, inspiration is the key. Inspiration is your mind’s way of leading you to your purpose. It starts as a spark; it’s your job to turn it into a fire. You should see yourself as an explorer tracking your inspiration, following where it leads you. Create as much inspiration around yourself as possible; try mindful decorating. Inspiration is nature, music, art, color; it’s everything… YOU are an inspiration!
- Start journaling your ideas (inspiration). Any idea that “pops in your head” out of nowhere, that’s a sign. Even if you don’t act on it right away, write it down. Revisit this inspiration often; it will remind you of something you forgot about or lead you to more.
- Get in nature. Being connected to nature opens your mind to new ideas and perspectives. Nature eliminates distractions, clears your mind, it grounds you. You are in a place of peace and balance when you are in nature, allowing your creative mind to open.
- Find a creative partner. Createa mastermind group, bounce your creative ideas off of each other. This can spark new ideas from ones that already exist and make them even better! Get energy from someone else, being inspired by your inspiration. Inspiration-Inspires-Inspiration.
How to Find You
Who are you?
Do you know your core values?
Do you know your likes and dislikes?
Do you remember what the energy felt like growing up in your home?
Did you grow up in a loving, peaceful, happy household, or was it neglectful, fearful, and with no emotional attachment?
Before you find your purpose, you will have to be able to answer these questions. You will need to KNOW where you came from; it made you who you are. You will have to get honest with yourself, accept the TRUTH you find along your way, process them, and keep moving forward. You will need to decide to love and be loyal to YOU first. You will lose people that you think are the closest to you.
When you realize they don’t even love themselves, it makes it impossible for them to love you. Eliminate titles, i.e., mother, father, sister, friend, you know how these people make you feel. Evaluate who they are by how they make you feel from an honest, logical perspective. You will need to re-evaluate your relationships and start putting up some boundaries (boundaries facilitate balance). This is when you find out who is committed to creating a healthy relationship. These relationships have shaped you into who you are.
- Question everything! Figure out family dynamics and how you were raised. Ask yourself why you do what you do. Why do people take advantage of you? Why do you say yes to things when you want to say no? This will help you figure out who you are now and give you a perspective on who you want to become in the future.
- Be comfortable being alone. You will most definitely lose people on your journey, so be prepared. This is why you should get comfortable being alone. Become in a state of mind where YOU are enough. Entertain yourself, inspire yourself, enjoy being with yourself. Be your own best friend.
- Believe in yourself. The song that started me on my self-discovery, I Am Your Mind (part 2) by Roy Ayers. This is where I say music is an inspiration. Listen to the song, get inspired to believe in yourself.
How to Live in Peace
- Morning Gratitude. Be grateful when you wake up for being who YOU are… everything about you! Be grateful for the truth. Be grateful for growth. Be grateful for your future accomplishments. Be grateful for self-love.
- Visual/Audio Grounding. Connect yourself visually and audibly to peace, reconnecting to nature.
- Connect the dots. When you start to connect the dots and make sense of it all, a sense of peace comes to your spirit. If you were raised by a narcissist (identifying this is paramount), you will be at complete peace knowing nothing you could do to change that relationship.
PROTECT YOUR PEACE! Once you find it, you will need to protect it at all costs. When you have true peace, you won’t let anything break it. Be loyal to YOU and your PEACE.